FOSSASIA PGDay 2024
PostgreSQL Database Conference, Hanoi, Vietnam
9 April 2024
The 2024 edition of FOSSASIA PGDay will be held in Ha Noi, Vietnam on April 9th, 2024.
FOSSASIA PGDay 2024 is an excellent opportunity to learn more about PostgreSQL – the world’s most advanced open source database. Get connected with like-minded people with an interest in PostgreSQL and open source software in the region.
Previous FOSSASIA PGDays have been taking place in Singapore since 2016. Join us in a new location in Vietnam and connect with businesses, developers, and tech communities from around the world. Learn about the latest developments in open source. The event is suitable for everyone, from novices to experts and from back office staff to decision-makers.
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
- High Availability in Postgres
- Disaster Recovery
- Logical Replication
- Distributed Data in PostgreSQL
- Database Authentication and Encryption Methods
- Indexing and Partitioning in PostgreSQL
- Performance Tuning
Why attend FOSSASIA PGDay 2024?
- An opportunity to the speakers to present to an audience from the Asia region with a wide footprint in the PostgreSQL ecosystem.
- Attendees typically cover a vast spectrum of experience, area of interest, and professional backgrounds; ranging from newcomers to experts, DBA’s to CEO’s, students to seniors.
- Additionally, the event hosts a sponsor area where participants are able to learn about products and businesses, network, expand their knowledge base, and increase their visibility in the industry.
- Gain a competitive advantage by learning about the latest development in open source.
- Connect in-person with tech experts, business professionals and developers.
Supporters / Sponsors
Support the event and feature your company among multipliers from around the world. Sponsorship include different booth options. Download the sponsorship brochure and get in touch! Your sponsorship will help to make the event possible. Financial profits, if any, would go to organizing more PostgreSQL and FOSS events and workshops by FOSSASIA in future.
Call For Speakers
Call for Speakers is open!
We are inviting database enthusiasts, developers, researchers and companies from around the world to join the FOSSASIA PGDay 2024. Submit your session today!
Our session tracks will consist of 40-minute and 20-minute deep dives into select topics.
The talk selection committee and program committee consists of:
- Bruce Momjian (Vice President EDB)
- Hong Phuc Dang (Founder FOSSASIA)
- Sameer Kumar (Principal DB Specialist, AWS)
- Marco A. Gutierrez (Developer, Intrinsic)
- Notification of acceptance: On an ongoing basis
- Early submissions receive priority
Deadline to submit talks/papers: 31 January 2024 (soft extension 7 Feb.)
- Event date: 9 April 2024
Please click the registration button for more information.
- Access to all sessions during the conference and hallway tracks
- Direct access to sponsor booths
- Networking opportunities
- Lunch, snacks and plenty of yummy Vietnamese coffee
Once your registration and payment have been confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email.
Upon successful registration, you will be issued a PDF ticket which you need to bring to the event either printed or on a device of your choice. Present the ticket at the registration desk for your badge and access to the even
Who is on the organization team:
- Hong Phuc Dang (Vietnam, FOSSASIA)
- Umair Shahid (Pakistan, PostgreSQL Consultant Stormatics)
- Mario Behling (Germany, OpnTec)
- Eden Dang (Vietnam, FOSSASIA)
- Mishari Muqbil (Thailand, Zymple)
Code of Conduct
Be nice to each other!
PostgreSQL conferences have an amazing atmosphere and are very welcoming to new people joining the community. This is something we treasure and we won’t tolerate any form of abuse or violations. Should any situation or question arise, please see our Code of Conduct for the rules as well as how to report violation of these rules. Let’s make FOSSASIA PGDay 2024 a great experience for everyone! Please find our code of conduct here.
Visa and Accommodation
Visa to Vietnam
- Citizens of any nation can apply for an electronic visa (E-visa) issued by the Vietnamese Immigration Department. Vietnam E-visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days, single or multiple entry. Click here for more details.
- Regular passport holders of 25 countries do not need a visa for Vietnam including all South East Asian countries, Japan, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Norway, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom. Click here to view the full list.
- We recommend to select your accommodation around Cat Linh Metro station where you can take the train directly to the venue.
Stay-connected: Get a prepaid Sim Card at the airport
- Prepaid Sim Cards can be purchased at the airport. You can just choose one from the top 3 providers: Viettel, Vinaphone, Mobiphone. Alternatively, these three providers have many retail stores across the city, you can search for one near you and get a Sim Card there.
- Taxi and Motorbike Taxi: The most popular mode of transportation is Taxi or Motorbike Taxi. To get a ride, download the one of the following apps “be – Multi-Service-Platform”, “Grab” or “Gojek”.
- Buses: To use buses in Hanoi, we recommend to download “Busmap Hanoi” app.
Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Km 10, Ngõ 5 Trần Phú, Phường Mỗ Lao, Ha Dong District, Hà Nội, 12011, Vietnam
See you at PGDay at the FOSSASIA Summit 2024!